Our focus is business owners. Is yours?
BBSI helps business owners focus on their business. We eliminate organizational complexity and bring predictability to the management of their business. We offer outsourced HR and safety consultation, payroll administration and recruiting to small-and medium-sized businesses. We combine expert knowledge with industry leading solutions allowing business owners to focus on their core business while building stronger companies. BBSI (NASDAQ) is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for proven leaders to drive results.
The HR Consultant role provides guidance and support to our business-owner clients and our internal team of experts. This person must demonstrate strong business acumen, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to proactively and consistently deliver results for our clients and internal teams.
The BBSI HR Consultant supports a multi-million dollar business unit that consults on a broad range of organizational issues. The primary objective of the HR Consultant is to provide guidance, training and support to clients in the areas of strategic human capital management, employment law compliance, benefits administration, employee relations, organizational development, workers’ compensation administration and the overall development of best practices in human capital management.
This position reports to the Area Manager and works in partnership with other positions within the business unit, branch and corporate office.
• The ideal candidate will be results-focused, accountable, motivated and highly organized
• Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including employment laws and regulations; this includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends and economic factors that may impact BBSI and its clients
• Knowledge of HR metrics and ability to benchmark, measure, analyze and articulate the value and ROI of HR initiatives, practices and policies
• Demonstrated ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations and facilitate trainings to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
• Ability and willingness to enthusiastically “roll up sleeves” and perform administrative work
• Ability to become a trusted advisor to business owners
• Additional operations or business experience outside of HR required
• Prior exposure to payroll processing with strong knowledge of wage and hour laws • Extensive Microsoft Office experience
• SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SPHR or PHR strongly preferred
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to use your own vehicle, proof of automobile insurance meeting BBSI coverage criteria
• Roughly 50% of time spent out of the office – primarily local – working with clients at their location • Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree is a plus
• 10+ years’ experience in hands-on and strategic HR management Additional Information For Individuals meeting these requirements, this position offers, at a minimum:
• Generous base salary, unlimited earning potential based on results, 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/vision insurance, and other benefits
• Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies and BBSI
• Knowledge that you are working for a results oriented organization
• Gain experience working in multiple industries