To equip people to identify and reach their maximum potential throughout their lives.
Elmview provides Supported Employment, Residential Services, Overnight Planned Respite, Community Engagement, In-School Services and Senior Nutrition/Meals on wheels for individuals in the Ellensburg, Yakima and Chelan/Douglas counties.
Elmview is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to join the Agency.
- Works in collaboration with agency leadership, develops, implements and administers agency's HR strategies and policies,
- Oversee recruiting and hiring new employees. Trains and orients new employees on program work assignments as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Researches, plans, organizes and conducts training and development programs for administrative, direct-service, supervisory and management staff. Actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance, and improve professional, leadership and management skills across all levels of staff.
- Implements and assists in compensation administration; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Administers benefits programs to include but not limited to: medical, dental, life/accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability, retirement plans, and workers' compensation.
- Answers employee and management inquiries regarding general HR and benefit questions.
- Monitors benefit plan performance and establishes effective relationships with benefit providers, brokers and consultants.
- Establishes and maintains confidential and accurate employment records, Human Resources Information System (HRIS) database, and other department files and reports.
- Works closely with Finance Department to ensure timely, accurate processing and reconciling of payroll adjustments, vendor invoices, and benefit enrollment.
- Works closely with agency management to address employee relations issues, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and monitoring of agency safety and security policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains and monitors annual Human Resources budget.
- Plans, supervises, and directs work assignments for culturally competent direct-service staff.
- Approves salary increases per agency budget and policies.
- Attends all agency, program and team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management or related field;
Two (2) to four (4) years of HR generalist experience or equivalent, with non-profit experience preferred;
Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of critical human resource functions including: employment law; compensation and benefits administration; employee & labor relations; HR technology; talent management; risk management; and best practices in human resource concepts, policies and procedures. SPHR/PHR preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals of diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Must be detail-oriented, have strong organizational and administrative skills, and be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, and data entry. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet. Experience with ADP preferred or other human resource information systems helpful.
Regular / Full-time/Administrative Exempt
Salary – DOE